You will be pleased to know that we are open for business, but with a limited horticultural advice team and under strict social distancing rules.
If you intend to visit, please kindly:
- Phone us beforehand so we know when to expect you
- On arrival either call your advisor or ring the door bell and we will come out to meet you in the carpark
- If you need advice, we kindly ask that you print off or email us photographs, that we will endeavour to print of, showing the area that you wish to plant along with access/gate width measurements and contact details
- Please wear sturdy shoes/boots (wellies if it has rained) as the 27 acre production nursery is hilly and can be muddy in places, plus your own liquid refreshment.
We look forward to welcoming you soon and apologise in advance if we are unable to offer the same level of personal service during these difficult times. If we are overly busy during your visit, please take pictures of the trees you like followed by the tag on the tree, so that we can help you later.
The Majestic Team
Social Distancing Rules at Majestic Trees
For your own and our safety, we have changed some of our customer service practices to protect all of us. They are;
- We will strictly enforce the 2 meter distancing rule at all times.
- We request that no one comes to Majestic Trees who either has, possibly has or is recovering from Covid-19; we will be more than happy to assist you on the phone or by email.
- On your arrival please park your car in the customer parking spaces against the Visitor Advice Centre or if overflowing during the week between the trees in the rows off the main drive as you approach.
- When you arrive you do need to report to the Visitor Advice Centre. Please press the buzzer on the right and please be patient as you wait for someone to help you. We will be more than happy to come out to you, and on Saturdays or on busy days when the weather is good, we will have a price list table outside and possibly an advisor to assist you with any questions before you start your tour. We encourage you to explore the nursery on foot as it will enable you to see so much more.
- We will issue every potential customer with a copy of our price list for your personal use to take away. This will include a favourites page for you to make notes on; please bring your own pen or pencil.
- During the week we will issue you with and require you wear a legally required high viz safety vest. Please return when you leave, as for everyone’s protection they are laundered after every use.
- We cannot provide our customer Hunter Wellingtons during this time, so bringing your own or sturdy walking boots is advisable.
- It is advisable to bring liquid refreshment with you, as some customers end up spending most of the day here. For your safety, we have decided at this time that it is unwise for us to provide refreshments.
- The nursery is very large, so keeping ‘Social Distancing Rules’ should not be a problem, but if the area outside the front of the Visitor Advice Area is busy, we ask that you relax and either sit on the chairs provided, in your car or go around to the back of the building were you can find seating and umbrella’s to relax under
We look forward to seeing you, and apologize in advance if we are unable to offer the same level of personal service that we are renown for during these difficult times.
Majestic Trees COVID Safety Criteria for Delivery and Planting Works
- Deliveries or planting where we are required to go through a house or restricted access or passageway will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
- Deliveries/projects requiring an overnight stay will only be considered if suitable private accommodation can be arranged as hotels or B&B’s are not allowed to open till July;
- All jobs undertaken MUST fit within the comfort zone of each individual team member undertaking the job.
*Latest Government updated working guidance (April 9th) for ‘Outdoor businesses’
- This applies to businesses situated outdoors – market stalls, farms, quarries, commercial forests or other outdoor businesses - where it is not possible for workers to observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Where it is not possible to follow the social distancing guidelines in full in relation to a particular activity, you should consider whether that activity needs to continue for the business to continue to operate, and, if so, take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between staff.
- If a 2 metre distance cannot be maintained, staff should work side by side, or facing away from each other, rather than face to face if possible.
- You should communicate to all staff that they should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or more and more frequently than normal.
- If workers have to share enclosed spaces such as the cabs of vehicles, they should keep the window open for ventilation and they should be careful to avoid touching their face at all times. On leaving the enclosed space, they should wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or more or use hand sanitiser when they cannot wash their hands.
- If customer-facing, you should consider how you can safely sell your products or services without encouraging crowds and ensure hygiene measures are in place. This could be done by taking orders online or by telephone in advance and pre-packing orders to limit face-to-face time, or considering delivery services if possible. When interacting with customers, you should maintain a 2 metre distance as much as possible.
- To protect your staff, you should remind colleagues daily to only come into work if they are well and no one in their household is self-isolating.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com, and we will endeavour to reply within 48 hours.
Take care of yourself, as we will come out of this eventually.
The Majestic Team